David

Default blown fuse in sub-woofer

By replacing the fuse and not first determining what caused it to blow, you
likely caused further damage each additional time the fuse blew. The fuse
is there to prevent a fire in case of an excessive current draw inside the
unit.

If you are not equipped and trained to properly troubleshoot an amplifier,
you are probably better served to take the unit in for repair or at least an
estimate so you can decide whether to fix or replace.

David

heckubiss wrote in message
"Gary Lightfoot" wrote in message

heckubiss wrote:

anyhow, i replaced the fuse and turned the power on but the power
light still does not light up and it doesnt play. what else should
I look for?

Maybe an internal fuse has gone?

Unusual, but you never know. It's probably a small glass or ceramic
one if it is, but you'll have to take the sub apart (take the amp from
the box) to see. You'll also get a chance to seee if there are any
obviously burnt out components that may have gone as well.

Gary.

--?
www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Please remove the spam trap from my email addy to reply.

I noticed that after replacing the fuse, plugging the power cord, then
turning on the amp, with no imputs the fuse immidietly gets blown
again

I opened the amp and saw nothing suspect.

how could this be!??