Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Need to fill holes in brick and mortar

On Sun, 17 May 2015 18:35:58 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote:
We had some lights mounted to the brick on our fireplace. My wife says
they have gone out of style and she bought some new ones to take their
place. As luck would have it the mounting holes for the new lights are
not in the same location as the old lights -- not even close.

I need to fill in a couple holes, about 1/2" in diameter in some brick
and also a couple in some black mortar. I hadn't considered using
mortar, maybe I should, but if I don't what would be the next best
product to use?

Thanks.

Drill new holes in the new light, or in a mounting plate you make for it.

Keep up dummy.

"...As luck would have it the mounting holes for the new lights are
not in the same location as the old lights -- not even close."

Sounds like former holes are a visual defect for the new light.

Who drills new holes in a light fixture?