Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Paint for exterior window trim?

On Sat, 16 May 2015, Vic Smith wrote:

On Sat, 16 May 2015 12:56:24 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:
My painter has decades of experience. He is very experienced in plaster
work, as the houses around here have real plaster walls. He doesn't do as
much outside painting.

Then he has his own brushes, so why talk about brushes?
The only times I've used cheap brushes is for touch ups.
Or varnishing or painting unplaced wordwork on sawhorses, even foam
works fine. Good paint self levels unless you've screwed it up.
Talking about the time to clean brushes (inconsequential) misses the
point. How a good brush loads up and applies the paint is where the
time is saved.

He has his own brushes. He doesn't want to use them on oil-based paint. As
I wrote, he works interior. No one around here uses oil-based paint in the
interior. And many of the houses here have unpainted woodwork. So he is
mostly restoring plaster. These 120 year old houses settle and the walls
get cracked.