Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default LED Filaments

On Sat, 16 May 2015 09:44:00 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Art Todesco" wrote in message

I've always hesitated from ordering direct from Europe
or Asia. Anyone have any experiences with ALI?

Can't say about ALI, but I have ordered maybe 20 or 30 things from China off
Ebay. They usually take 2 to 3 weeks to get here just like the ebay page
says. Somehow China helps their companies with the postage so I have been
told. That way they can ship out things that cost just a couple of dollars
and the price is still very low. I just ordered two LED bulbs for a
flashlight and it took two weeks. The total price was only around $ 11
including the shipping. I bought a cable a while back and the total cost on
it was less than $ 2.

I've ordered from both Europe and China with good results. The stuff
from Europe came a bit faster though.

I bought some small Cree AA sized LED flashlights for $3.25 including
shipping. Great little lights for a really good price. I was given a
USPS tracking number a day after placing the order. It took a good
two weeks before it was trackable and then it was in Secaucus, NJ and
in my hands a day or two later. My guess is they consolidate
shipments and move a full container to the US for final distribution.