Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Paint for exterior window trim?

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 9:51:31 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2015, trader_4 wrote:

Also, any painting authority will tell you that the idea of using
a cheap, disposable brush, is a bad one, regardless of oil or latex.
Those cheap brushes leave brush marks, the bristles fall out into
the paint, they don't hold paint well... They are a real mess.

The window trim we are planning to paint is on the 3rd and 4th floors
front, and some of the southwest facing back. The lower floors in the front
don't get much sun. They are okay for now. No one is going to be able to
see any brush marks or stuck-in-the-paint bristles on the 3rd and 4th
floors. Nor in the back.

Your job, your brush. But I think it's odd that someone
concerned about today's latex paints not being good enough thinks
using a cheap throwaway brush for window trim is a good idea.