Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Paint for exterior window trim?

On Fri, 15 May 2015 23:11:03 -0400, wrote:

Surprising how good some of the cheap brushes on the market today are
- and how cheap some good brushes are. I've done a lot of painting in
the house recently using "low priced" brushes (less than $3 canadian
each) and have not lost a single bristle, and the finish has been
SUPERB - using water based paint, stain, and clear finishes.

Last year Harbor Frieght was very generous in distributing coupons for a
free item with no purchase necessary. I was making the three mile round
trip by bicycle (good exercise -- with a purpose) and picking up an item
per day. I had lots of gifts to give away.

Now the coupons require a purchase. Plus there are always the 20% off
coupons. So I can now buy one brush a day. After discount, and including
sales tax, this one costs me $1.73, with the free gift:

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-1-2-h...ush-67008.html

I see now they are only recommending it for latex and acrylic paints. ??