Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default How to define "Electrical"?

On 5/15/15 5:55 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
"J Burns" wrote in message
On 5/15/15 5:22 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
"J Burns" wrote in message
On 5/15/15 4:59 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
"Tekkie®" wrote in message
hah posted for all of us...

So you have a radio that works with no electricity. How does that
work?
Considering that radio signals themselves are electric fields, you'd
need a new kind of broadcasting.

You don't need electricity to receive AM. A (?)crystal will convert
the
received signal to headphones. DAGS on Crystal radios.

--

but that received signal is: ELECTRICITY!

Oh yeah, like I'm supposed to power my home's electrical system from a
crystal radio. I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY!!!

powering your with electricity would be a subset of "electrical".

How could my home be powered with a subset? A subset must have either a
diesel engine and a big battery or a nuclear reactor. My home's
electrical system has none of those things.

I think I know your home better than you do. Check the sub sub sub
basement.

You may be thinking of my summer place, Castle De'ath. When Patrick
Macnee asked to film an episode there, I said it was out of the
question. A man's castle is his home! Then Diana Rigg walked in and
stood silhouetted against the window in her sheer nightgown. Macnee
said viewers wouldn't even notice my sub pens. I agreed.

If there were any under this house, wouldn't I have been informed when I
bought it? Wouldn't the cellar have told me?