Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Can't understand plat

Oren posted for all of us...

On Fri, 15 May 2015 14:01:50 -0400, "EXT"
wrote:

To easiest way to understand the way it is done in your community is to talk
to the town clerk or contact the surveyor who laid out the lots and streets.
These people know how they do things in their own area, not opinions from
areas that are operated differently. The surveyor can translate what is your
property, what is your neighbors and what is owned or controlled by the
local government and how he laid it out.

True, though surveyors can be off target. (bombs missing target on a
test range)

And they often are. Much better since using GPS. The older stuff was fudge
it a little until we close the plat. Distances weren't the problem so much
but angle between lines was.

On my present old foggy lot, I am the second owner after the
developer. My Plat tells fence line on block walls, who owns or is
responsible for repair of the wall.

One time I did have a lawyer do a Title search. Two inches thick back
to native American trails that crossed the land.

It was a good read of land, ownership and tranfer. No Mohawk Indians
sued me. Not part of 5 nations

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*