Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default SD 9500 stops working, has power

On 05/15/2015 1:52 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
wrote in message ...
On 05/15/2015 10:44 AM, Mark wrote:

I was just as happy w/o them; I always just mount the two together aligned
on a little board and tie it up by the unit out of the way...out here
there's too much other stuff like the stray tumbleweed or whatnot blowing
across the doors at the wrong time to just be too annoying. With no little
kids and a reversing switch anyway, don't see the need.

--

I put my 'eyes' up about 2 feet off the ground. High enough so that if I
don't get the truck all the way in the light may stop the door. The garage

That'll work for some purposes like the tumbleweed (unless it's a
full-size one, of course ) but I also like to be able to pull the car
in and close the door then go out the back to the farmyard w/o having to
walk around and thru the "inside" yard to get there. It's a pita to try
to either step over or duck under the beam, especially as I get older
and less spry!!!

The trucks are in the barn and elevator driveways which have sliding
doors; only the cars have overheads...there's a block in the garage for
them so know you're in when you're in. Even the 'full-size' Lucerne has
oodles of room in the garage now as small as stuff has gotten -- the
'60s and '70s Buicks/Chryslers of folks "not so much!"

The pickups are too wide to fit the garages; the Buick Enclave (their
AWD SUV) is in the _just_ barely category on width altho it's plenty
short enough.