Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default How to define "Electrical"?

On 5/15/15 9:24 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 9:46:43 PM UTC-4, J Burns wrote:

I took that definition from the OED.

By OED, I assume you mean the Oxford English Dictionary?

I see we're on the same page.

This OED?:

Definition of electrical in English:

adjective

1Operating by or producing electricity:
€˜an electrical appliance

€˜Since when did the average boat owner need a generator to operate the boat's electrical system?

If I had me a boat, I'd keep her chained to the dock so I wouldn't need
a generator to operate her electrical system.

I'd call a flashlight electrical when it's connected to an electrical
system for charging.

Is an electrical engineer also only electrical when he's
plugged into an electrical system for charging?

An electrical engineer tells you how to plug a flashlight into an
electrical system for charging. Some moonlight as flashlight repairmen.
That's where the big bucks are nowadays, what with all those leaky
alkaline batteries.