Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Next winters propane prices

On 5/14/2015 8:02 PM, IGot2P wrote:
On 5/14/2015 6:35 PM, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
IGot2P wrote:

I just got a letter from our propane supplier and a related contract to
lock in next years supply (900 gallon) at $1.029! I definitely think
that there is more upside risk than downside so we will do this.

Comments?

As long as it's just a contract and you don't have to prepay any of it,
absolutely. That's about 1/2 of what my last contract fill cost. If
they want
money up front (and I expect they do), I'd be very wary.

They give you several choices for payment but money up front is the
cheapest ($1.029). If you make payments it is a few cents higher. With
interest rates as low as they are it makes no sense NOT to pay up front.

My gut sense is that you should take the offer.

When I changed energy suppliers, I took the fixed
rate, figure it's not likely to go down.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus