Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to define "Electrical"?

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 8:47:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2015 18:21:19 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2015 16:37:25 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

Aren't things at the Good Will donated ? In that case they should be glad
to get rid of whatever someone wants to buy. It is really 100 % profit
minus what they pay the people. I would say if it has a wire or contains
batteries it would be electrical.

Thats how I feel about it too. Yes, its donated, and most workers are
volunteer. It's a program for handicapped and those are the workers. I
guess there may be a paid manager (just a guess). I have shopped at
Goodwill for most of my life, but in the last 5 or 10 years, their
prices have gotten way too high. Some stuff is more than in a retail
store. For example, a pair of used blue jeans for $9. I can buy a pair
of NEW Rustler jeans at Walmart for $11.

And you expect to get a pair of vintage Lee Riders, or GWG , or Levi's
red tabs for $9???.

The man has a point. There are jeans and there are jeans, some
costing $100, $200, even $300+ when new. And then there is what
condition they are in. If it was a pair of jeans that normally
go for even $50 and in excellent condition, they'd be a steal
at $9. Actually, some folks pay *more* for used looking jeans.
They call them "distressed" and Voila!, they cost 2X.