Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default How to define "Electrical"?

On 5/14/15 9:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/14/2015 3:52 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 5/14/15 3:15 PM, wrote:

He agreed with me, and said it all looked electrical, and told the clerk
to give me the half price. But said if anything needed batteries, that
would not qualify.

I'll have to side with the clerk. "Electrical" means "operated by or
producing electricity."

What is your position on battery power
devices? Are they electrical?

I took that definition from the OED. You mentioned the electrical system
of your car. Anything powered by it is electrical.

For example, is a flashlight electrical?

I'd call a flashlight electrical when it's connected to an electrical
system for charging.

How about a dustbuster?

Yes, half price.

How about a battery power AM / FM radio?

Sorry, full price.