Posted to alt.home.repair
Denny of PA Denny of PA is offline

Default how to get maximum pressure and water volume at 300 foot distance.

replying to trader_4 , Denny of PA wrote:
trader4 wrote:

Yes. You can't get 10 lbs of crap from a 5 lb bucket.
BUT I am not able to get that yet, Could it be
Whatever flow you have from a 1/2" hose at 300 ft, you're certainly
going to get a lot more from 3/4", and more still from 1". You'd be
closer to 6 GPM, but from physics, you're still not going to get the
full 6 GPM that you have with no resistance at all.
You said you're using it for strawberries and this sounds like
a decent size project. Have you considered using black poly pipe/tubing?
You can probably get a 1" x 300 ft roll of that for less than it's going
to cost for hoses.
Any need for it to be buried? Lawn sprinkler guys could pull that
pipe for you underground in an hour, assuming it's just clear shot,
no trees, etc. IDK what they would charge,
they'd have to bring the pulling tractor over, etc, so it wouldn't
be real cheap, but then it's buried, permanent, etc. Just throwing
it out as an option.

today as a trial I just replaced part of my feed line with an additional
50' of 1-1/2" header pipe , at the 300 ' end and I eliminated 50' of one
of the 1/2" hoses that i was using to feed the head section. , and i was
happy to see that i was now able to get 7 of the 120" trickle line working
at a time.
yes trhe larger supply pipe appears to be the answer, I was just using
the hoses because they were available, but now that i know the cure to my
problem i will invest in the poly pipe., and maybe i will be able to get
10 of the lines working at a time like i would like

thanks again for your help

Denny

thank you all for your