Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default How to define "Electrical"?

On Thu, 14 May 2015 16:37:25 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

Aren't things at the Good Will donated ? In that case they should be glad
to get rid of whatever someone wants to buy. It is really 100 % profit
minus what they pay the people. I would say if it has a wire or contains
batteries it would be electrical.

Thats how I feel about it too. Yes, its donated, and most workers are
volunteer. It's a program for handicapped and those are the workers. I
guess there may be a paid manager (just a guess). I have shopped at
Goodwill for most of my life, but in the last 5 or 10 years, their
prices have gotten way too high. Some stuff is more than in a retail
store. For example, a pair of used blue jeans for $9. I can buy a pair
of NEW Rustler jeans at Walmart for $11.

At half price, I paid about $8 for these 4 electrical/electronic items.
I would not have bought the stuff for $16. For example, The mouse was
priced at $5. That's a lot for a used PS2 microsoft mouse, but for
$2.50, I'd buy it, since I wanted to have a spare.

I've seen used VCRs priced at $40. Come on, thats robbery.