Posted to alt.home.repair
R. P. McMurphy R. P. McMurphy is offline

Default Wills: "Pay all medical expenses" boiler plate?

On 05/14/2015 12:12 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Every will I have seen so far contains boiler plate to the effect that
the executor is directed to immediately pay all medical expenses.

Seems counter-intuitive to me. Why not directives to pay all
lawn-maintenance expenses? All utility bills?... and so-forth.

What is so special about medical expenses - except for the potential for
a feeding frenzy by caregivers plus the huge difference between
insurance/Medicare payments and actual charges?

Medical care is a high-stakes game.

If medical professionals don't use extreme measures and perform them flawlessly, they'll certainly be sued.
Seems to me if we demand perfect service from them, we had better pay them first.

So when grampa tips over from a coronary and you don't want huge medical bills, think carefully about who you call.