Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Wills: "Pay all medical expenses" boiler plate?

On 5/14/15 12:12 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Every will I have seen so far contains boiler plate to the effect that
the executor is directed to immediately pay all medical expenses.

Seems counter-intuitive to me. Why not directives to pay all
lawn-maintenance expenses? All utility bills?... and so-forth.

What is so special about medical expenses - except for the potential for
a feeding frenzy by caregivers plus the huge difference between
insurance/Medicare payments and actual charges?

Seems like a bad idea on the face of it.

What am I missing.

In New Jersey, an attorney can't file an inheritance return until he
knows the amount of medical bills. It may be like that in other places.