Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default how to get maximum pressure and water volume at 300 foot distance.

"Denny of PA" wrote in
message oups.com...
Today for curiosity I ran the water out at the facet, and determined that
it was putting out just 6 gallons per min, so i guess it really does nor
matter how much pressure I have, at most i can only use 10 of the lines at
a single time, at the volume required is 0.6 gpm Is that the right way of
looking at it ? BUT I am not able to get that yet, Could it be
because i am only feeding the line with 1/2 " hoses,,,,? If I increased
the diameter of the feed line hoases to 1" , would i then be able to get
my full 6 gmp to the field?

Go to one of the online calculators like this and play around.

http://www.tlv.com/global/TI/calcula...h-piping.html#

You probably need a pipe that is about 3/4 inch trade size which is much
larger than the actual measured size.