Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default how to get maximum pressure and water volume at 300 foot distance.

On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 4:34:47 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
I thought it was six GPM, but it looks like it is Point Six (6/10) GPM.

That would be around 1.8 GPM for the 3 lines. Big difference. That is
why
I would think he needs a larger line than the 1/2 inch he has, especially
for over 300 feet.

The way I read it, he has 20 drip lines each using .6 GPM. That's 12 GPM.
He could also put in a valve, either mechanical or automatic that would
only run some subset of those at a time.

You are correct. I don't know where I came up with only 3 lines.

It will take a good well to put out 12 gpm for very long at a time. No
wonder he can only run a couple of thoses drip lines. I was looking at some
pipe flow charts and only used the 1.8 gpm that I some how made a mistake
with. I am thinking around here (middle of NC) that a good house well puts
out about 8 GPM. Maybe he has a lot larger than 6 inch well.

NJ here and 4" well, 50-100ft, typically can do 15 gpm. But
of course what matters is what his well can deliver and I agree,
there are plenty of wells that won't be able to keep up.