Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Memory is a strange thing. Smart phone story

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 9:06:25 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/13/2015 7:39 PM, trader_4 wrote:

I have to admit, I've never understood a lot of internet
economics. Those apps I have are all free and I don't understand
how their free stuff makes them any money, with the exception of
Ebay of course. I guess Youtube has ads when you watch the videos,
just like the regular version, so there's that. But apps like
Powerbubble, ConvertPad, etc, I have no idea how or if they make
money. Some of them do offer versions that cost $1 that have
extra features. But in every case with what I do, those extra
things aren't worth it.

I use Google frequently but have never paid them a penny, yet they seem
to have lots of money. I also ignore the ads, but evidently others don't.

Plenty of good apps for phones too that are free, some ad supported, but
it is easy to ignore them too. I guess it all works though.

Don't outfits like Google peddle their market research to advertisers?
One newspaper I read has ad pop up from time to time.
Eight seconds long with a counter. That doesn't annoy me too much.

Yes, Google, I can see the revenue stream. For an app like Sush ringer
restorer, or the PowerBubble level, ConvertPad (unit conversion), those, IDK.