Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Memory is a strange thing. Smart phone story

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 4:24:21 PM UTC-4, J0HNS0N wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 11:48:21 AM UTC-4, J0HNS0N wrote:

wrote:

I haven't found the
need to pay for any apps.

On apps I use a lot like my Maple mp3 player I go ahead and cough up
the buck to get rid of the garish banner advertising. IMO it's well
worth the money. YMMV.

I can see that, if the app has ads. So far, the apps I've loaded,
haven't had that problem. I guess it depends on the particular app.

Apps I have a

GasGuru
Holo Bulb (flashlight)
Shush Ringer Restorer
Cocktail Flow (really cool, has recipes, and you tell it what booze
you have available and it will tell you what cocktails you can make)
RPN Calculator
ConvertPad (unit conversion, metric etc)
Wifi File Xfer
Dropbox
Accuweather
Ebay
Compass360
PowerBubble (level)
SpeedTest
YouTube
SuperBackup

If you don't already, you might want to save your apps current
versions before updating them. In more than one case I've had to go
back to a prior version because the update added advertising along
with the new 'features'.

I have to admit, I've never understood a lot of internet
economics. Those apps I have are all free and I don't understand
how their free stuff makes them any money, with the exception of
Ebay of course. I guess Youtube has ads when you watch the videos,
just like the regular version, so there's that. But apps like
Powerbubble, ConvertPad, etc, I have no idea how or if they make
money. Some of them do offer versions that cost $1 that have
extra features. But in every case with what I do, those extra
things aren't worth it. An example is Touchpal, the keyboard I
use. It's free. For extra you get some different color skins
for the keys kind of stuff. I guess that floats some folk's boat,
but I doubt I'd use it if it were free.