Posted to alt.home.repair

Default brush mower ignition system

On 5/13/2015 6:19 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:

Comments led me to replace the battery & I still

have the problem. More testing leads me to think
problem is ignition switch. Failed in a couple of
the tests suggested by repair book. Now my problem
is finding a replacement. Corporate takeovers have
changed model numbers and part numbers. It is a
Snapper Brush & Field Mower with Briggs & Stratton
engine. Seems like Snapper and Murray merged.
Then Briggs & Stratton took them over. Confusion on
me as to is the switch an engine part or a brush cutter part.
I have local dealers for both looking into this. Both

cautioned to not to replace part until I was certain I have
the correct ones... otherwise damage could occur.
Part# doesn't show on their searches.

Wonder if the existing part has some numbers?

Do you have owners manual with exploded parts?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus