Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Thompson[_2_] Frank Thompson[_2_] is offline

Default brush mower ignition system

Comments led me to replace the battery & I still have the problem. More testing leads me to think problem is ignition switch. Failed in a couple of the tests suggested by repair book. Now my problem is finding a replacement. Corporate takeovers have changed model numbers and part numbers. It is a Snapper Brush & Field Mower with Briggs & Stratton engine. Seems like Snapper and Murray merged. Then Briggs & Stratton took them over. Confusion on me as to is the switch an engine part or a brush cutter part.
I have local dealers for both looking into this. Both cautioned to not to replace part until I was certain I have the correct ones... otherwise damage could occur. Part# doesn't show on their searches.