Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default Memory is a strange thing. Smart phone story

On Mon, 11 May 2015 22:57:21 -0700, J0HNS0N
wrote:

On Mon, 11 May 2015 20:22:54 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 10:29:58 PM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:
On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 8:50:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thank you for considering me part of the younger generation. I'll be
70 in a few months and I use a smart phone.

Ed, I too will be 70 (in Aug)...I don't see any sense, for me, to have a smart phone. I hardly use my flip-phone...but I still have 2 kids in school.

well i use my flip phone constantly, mostly for phone, and a little texting

i prefer the flip, so its hard to damage, and if lost, stolen. or destroyed under 15 bucks to replace

Well I'm older than both you guys and I can't imagine how I ever got
along without my smartphone.

Besides calling there's texting the grandkids/greatgrandkids who would
never think of chatting with me in any other way.
Email
Banking
Reading
Complete 2000+ family photos to bore people with
Camera both video and regular
Mp3 music player
Browsers for keeping up with news when out
Maps including point to point voice directions
Flashlight
Calculator
Calendar
WiFi hotspot for when others in party don't have service (especially
T-Mobile)
Internet radio - stations from around the world

All that and more in a gadget that fits in my pocket. Amazing.

That's an amazing list considering that you didn't include the #1
reason, games.