Posted to alt.home.repair
Denny of PA Denny of PA is offline

Default how to get maximum pressure and water volume at 300 foot distance.

replying to Ralph Mowery , Denny of PA wrote:
rmowery28146 wrote:

"trader_4" wrote in message
I thought it was six GPM, but it looks like it is Point Six (6/10) GPM.
That would be around 1.8 GPM for the 3 lines. Big difference. That is

why
I would think he needs a larger line than the 1/2 inch he has, especially
for over 300 feet.

OK, thank you all for your valuable input.

Yes for clarification the trickle line tubing uses 0.5 gpm/100' which
means in 120' that is about 0.6 gpm in each one.

I imagine that what is reducing my pressure at the outside facet is
because at that point, the facet is located about 50 ' already from the
pressure tank which is located inside the home basement, and to that point
that is only serviced by 1/2" copper tubing, so I cannot increase the size
of my piping back to the pressure tank point as someone else had
suggested.

I was working on it again today. Someone mentioned that most trickle
irrigation systems are designed to run on 15 psi, that is correct and
that is what I had been using to only get the 1 or 2 lines to be able to
be feed at a single time. But today i decided to remove the restricted
PSI attachment in hope that my flow with the greater pressure would be
increase up stream at 300 feet away. When i removed the 15 psi filter, I
now found that I was able to get up top 5 of the 120' lines going at
once. I tried opeing a 6th line, and the volume of water flow was so slow
that it then even detracted from the flow on the other 5 lines.

Tomorrow I am planning to try to obtain some larger supply hoses to see if
the increased water volume be pushed would benefit I am going to buy a
roll of 1" diameter tubing to use as a supply line to replace the 1/2 "
to the garden, to see if this would increase the number of 120' trickle
line be utilized at a time may be increased. . I would be really happy if
i could get 10 of them to be used at once, which means I could water half
of the garden at a time for several hours , and then water the other
half.

BTW in case you are interested, what I am watering is 2,000 strawberry
plants, which are planted in 120' rows located 4' apart. Many many
thanks to you all again for your valuable input. I will let you know how
the greater size 1" tubing works out, if I can obtain it tomorrow, or
later this week.