Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower won't start

On Mon, 11 May 2015 18:05:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/11/2015 5:52 PM, J Burns wrote:
Chris, Clare,
Lots of Tecumseh float-bowl gaskets are available on Ebay, but no models
are listed. Does that mean they're all the same?

My bulb doesn't make bubbles in soapy water, but the rubber is cracked.
It's red, nonvented, and pinched like an hourglass. Ebay has several
that look just like it, but I can't tie any to the Sears model number of
my Tecumseh engine. That's why I thought it would be hard to get the
right gasket.

It's been a few years since I did much small engine
repair, but most likely yes, same.

Shears is usually good with exploded parts diagrams.
I've found Shears to use off spec parts. Can't use a
Tecumseh air filter on a Sears Tecumseh engine, for
example.

That's because the sears engine is NOT a Tecumseh engine. It is a
"craftsman" or "eager 1" engine built for Sears BY Tecumseh.
-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus