Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default how to get maximum pressure and water volume at 300 foot distance.

On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 1:10:09 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 11:15:38 AM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote:
Denny of PA wrote:
turned off or turned on at the same time. Each of the 120' lines
water requirements is about .6 gallons per min. Currently I am trying
feed the entire system with 300 ' of garden hoses all of which are
1/2"
. It seems to me like there is an awfully lot of drop in pressure at
the
outlets individual line outlets, and currently I am only able to feed

I was thinking that too. He needs 12GPM, which isn't unusual, but
there are plenty of wells yielding less than that. It's worth
considering before scoping out the solution. He could also raise
the pressure up from 45 a bit too.

I thought it was six GPM, but it looks like it is Point Six (6/10) GPM.

That would be around 1.8 GPM for the 3 lines. Big difference. That is why
I would think he needs a larger line than the 1/2 inch he has, especially
for over 300 feet.

The way I read it, he has 20 drip lines each using .6 GPM. That's 12 GPM.
He could also put in a valve, either mechanical or automatic that would
only run some subset of those at a time.