Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_7_] Nancy Young[_7_] is offline

Default Drainage channel/patio

On 5/11/2015 11:58 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/10/2015 1:05 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
Here goes what is probably a D U M dum question.

I have a large concrete patio with a plastic channel
that directs water away to one side. It gets clogged
with dirt, of course. Grass and weeds then love to grow
in it, creating another chore.

Is the plastic strip meant to be pried up and replaced?

It is typical that they can be lifted out for cleaning. If they are
plastic, they may have become brittle from the UV light over the years.

Yeah, the previous owners installed this pool and patio in
1984 or so. It's amazing the strip still looks as good as it
does, only one chip. Every spring after the powerwasher guy
leaves I expect more chips.

So I won't be prying anything until I'm sure I have the right
replacement.

Thanks!

nancy