Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Mower won't start

On 5/10/2015 5:17 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 8:15:06 PM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 7:02:07 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

My first two thoughts are leaky intake valve, and bad
carb to engine gasket. Possibly also choke not closing.

It doesn't have a choke, it has a primer...and you always say a leaky cab gasket. I've never seen that...I'm sure it does happen, but not as often as you think.
Tecumseh Engine Model: OVRM120 FAMILY: YTPXS.1951AA Displacment: 195

Does the priming bulb inject fuel into the carb throat when it's pushed?

yes.
That's how I get it running.
Prime it
Shot of starting fluid
Pull the cord a lot
If it kicks over, it will die quickly.
If I can run to the side and start pumping the priming bulb,
I can keep it running long enough to warm up...starts easy after that.