Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Question about toilet rough in

Cheri wrote:

Sorry for the long story, but
if I order the toilet myself, I need to know what size rough in I
need for 11 1/4 rough in.

I'm thinking much depends upon the individual toilet; i.e, the tank. They
do vary in thickness.
If the rough in is less than 12" and you use a toilet designed for a 12"
rough in, all may be fine OR the tank may hit the wall OR it (tank) might
not fit at all.

Are you going to use the same brand/model of toilet you used two weeks ago?
Was the rough in the same as the one of concern? If yes, you are good to
go. If not, measuring from the back of he tank to the wall on the installed
one will help IF you know the rough in for it and size of toilet used.

--

dadiOH