Posted to alt.home.repair
FrozenNorth[_5_] FrozenNorth[_5_] is offline

Default Question about toilet rough in

On 5/10/2015 2:24 PM, Cheri wrote:

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
On 5/10/2015 2:09 PM, Cheri wrote:

I'm hoping someone can give me an answer since the floor installer says
one thing and the plumber that will be picking up the toilet and
installing it says another. The rough in is 11 1/4 by the floor
installer measurment, but the plumber said it is 10 1/2 which he would
have to order and would cost more. My measurements come out 11 1/4 so
assuming that 11 1/4 is right will a 12 in rough in toilet, which most
are it seems, fit this? Thanks for any help, it's driving me crazy
trying to figure it all out.

Are you all measuring to the same point, i.e. the edge of the rough
in, or the center?

Measuring to the center which the plumber said he did, and the floor
installer did while I watched him, then my husband did, and I did. 3
come out with 11 1/4. Plumber comes out with 10 1/2.

You either need a new plumber, or your plumber needs a new tape measure.
:-)