Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Drainage channel/patio

Nancy Young wrote:
Here goes what is probably a D U M dum question.

I have a large concrete patio with a plastic channel
that directs water away to one side. It gets clogged
with dirt, of course. Grass and weeds then love to grow
in it, creating another chore.

Is the plastic strip meant to be pried up and replaced?

It's difficult to clean as it is. For whatever reason I
thought it was permanently stuck on there but maybe not?

Ignoring that my patio looks really bad in closeup, here's
a picture of the channel.

http://tinypic.com/r/snjjgh/8

Thanks for any help.

nancy

Hi,
Tried to pry and lift it? Looks like pop in and out type.
Or can you put in new ones? When they get old it is easy to crack when
handled.