Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default IOT Is email data?

On Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 8:51:43 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/10/2015 7:47 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2015 06:37:24 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

Yes, anything other than a voice call is considered "data".

Almost. Texting does not go against the data and is not voice. You
need either a texting plan or pay per use.

Following thread, it's also an answer I would like to know.

I have a basic Tracphone with thousands of rolled over minutes.

I just use it for calls but apparently have internet access but cannot
address anything as email because there is no way to make the "@" sign.

I see Tracphones with touch screens with internet access and some say
they need a data plan.

Just wondering if you could occasionally consume minutes for this or if
phone would only work with wifi access.

Not sure exactly what the question is. Tracfone has smartphones and
smartphone plans that include data. I would assume that if you have
one of their smartphones that supports data and one of their plans,
you could use it for email on the network and also use it on wifi like
you can with every other phone I've seen.

If you have a phone that doesn't have an "@" sign, it's not a smartphone
and IDK what kind of email capability it would have, but I would suspect
none. One game that most carriers still play is that even though from
a technical perspective, you could buy a smartphone and only use it for
voice on their network and rely strictly on wifi for data, they won't
allow you to do that. They insist you have a data plan with a smartphone.