Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Energizer leaky batteries

On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 7:04:15 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/9/2015 4:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

A "D size" cell isn't that common in consumer

electronics anymore except for flashlights/torches
and I can imagine that the current capacity of a
D size NiMH would be high enough to make it a real
fire hazard if shorted out. I really wonder if
some manufacturers see it as a liability. You can
purchase NiMH D cells from Amazon and the things
are rated at a massive 10,000 mah. The 12 vdc SLA
rechargeable battery in a small UPS or alarm
system is only rated at around 7,000 mah. Dang!
Those NiMH batteries have a lot of power.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Premiu...ds=nimh+d+cell

http://preview.tinyurl.com/lewee87

[8~{} Uncle D Size Monster

One time when I was in a repair shop, I noted a
power failure light (like in stores or theatres)
apart in the shop work bench. They had what
looked like a NiCd sub C pack, no longer using
sealed lead acid. Hope they tested those nicads
now and again. You know nicads and reliable.

With the charging equipment I own, I'd need a
set on charge, and set in use. I don't have
the amperage availble for over night charge.

Did the batteries in the emergency lights look like these? o_O

http://preview.tinyurl.com/p9a96wj

http://preview.tinyurl.com/p8fsmnl

http://www.batteryprice.com/gateshaw...batteries.aspx

[8~{} Uncle Battery Monster