Posted to alt.home.repair
chrisklinger chrisklinger is offline

Default Sulfuric acid as toilet bowl cleaner?

replying to bob, chrisklinger wrote:
nospam wrote:

Years ago I bought a bottle of sulfuric acid from a hardware store with

the
intend to open a clogged pipe. I ended up opening the clog with another
method. The bottle sits unused.
Many toilet bowl cleaners use hydrochloric acid as a main ingredient,

since
sulfuric acid is similar stuff, can I use it as a toilet bowl cleaner?

Scotch toilet bowl "restorer" is nothing but sulphuric acid. Can be used
for regular cleaning, too. Just be cautious with it: it can ruin your day
if it gets on you. Also, a strong, almost explosive reaction can occur
when it reacts with whatever you pour it on.

http://www.scotchcorp.com/toilet-bowl-restorer.html#faq