Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kohler engine over revving

On 5/7/2015 2:26 PM, wrote:
I have a lawn tractor with a Kohler Courage engine. Recently the engine began surging and after looking for guidance I adjusted the governor as per kohler manual. Since I made the adjustment the engine revs at full speed on both low and high settings. I have also reset the throttle cable but there has been no change. Any ideas on what my problem is.

Surging, also called "hunting" some times happens
when the throttle spring gets rusty, and loses its
elasticity.

-
..
Christopher A. Young