Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Measuring A/C Air Temp

On Wed, 06 May 2015 09:25:52 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 6 May 2015 05:03:57 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I've used a kitchen meat thermometer. Just stick it in the vent.

Exactly what I did to check my truck AC temp after I charged to system
(my first time doing AC).

Cooks and AC Tech's how very similar thermometers. with a probe to
check food temps or vent temps. Carried in a shirt pocket.

A friend of mine was a mystery shopper, and often did shops at
Starbucks. The company she worked for sent her one of the little
thermometers, with the 2 or 3 mm probe, and the plastic probe cover.

She would buy coffee and a baked good and leave, go just out of sight
and measure the temp of the coffee. I think they didnt' tell her what
the temp should be, for fear that would bias her answer. I think it
couldn't be too cold or too hot. When I was there, I would eat the
baked good. (She's 50 and still weighs what she did in the 7th grade.)

When she stoppped working for them, I think they wanted the thermometer
back, or maybe it was just the stopwatch they gave her for another
client.

A lot of her clients went out of business within a year after she was
hired. Mystery shopping was their last ditch effort to find out what
they were doing wrong. But Starbucks is still going strong.