Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Measuring A/C Air Temp

On Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 10:58:29 AM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/5/2015 5:34 PM, Boris wrote:
Hi,
I'm having problems with my A/C. I'd like to measure the air temp.
coming
out of the ceiling vents. I've read that most infrared guns only read
surface temps. I've had A?C repairmen over, and they look like they are
using an infrared gun.

What can I buy to accurately measure the air temp from the vents?

TIA

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...?q=thermometer
Sign up for coupons, and discounts, now!

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

You fond of HF and loyal customer?
I never buy serious stuffs from place like HF.
All tools or gadgets I own will last my life time
and beyond.

It depends on what you're buying at HF and what your usage
is. I recently bought a 3/4" breaker bar, for example.
From what I can see, it appears close enough to Craftsman
or SnapOn so for what I'm using it for, it's a good deal.
Usage is to loosen up wheel hub nuts on a car, something I
might do once a decade. I also bought a set of impact
sockets, and a set of extensions and they work perfectly fine.

On the other hand, if I needed an electric saw to use in
trades, I don't think I'd buy it at HF. And for something
like a multimeter, I agree buying a Fluke is the way to go.
My current one is 30 years old. I bought a cheap one at
HF to leave on my boat. It worked OK at first, within a
year, it was reading 30% off. I also needed some snap ring
pliers, bought a set at HF. The tips, instead of being
hardened steel, were so soft that they just bent. But I
took them back and they gave me a full refund.

So, I'd say it depends on what you're buying, your usage,
and using some judgement.