Jim Adney

Default new-age batteries as field-expedient voltage references?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:20:51 GMT Robert Baer
wrote:

Jim Adney wrote:

Yes, it probably wasn't much of a "standard," but it was close enough,
and probably within 1%, which was better than almost anything else in
those days.

Cannot get 1% accuracy with (at best) 5% cathode resistors.....

For Dynaco, at least, I believe they used special 1% resistors here.
But I have to agree that even that would not assure 1% precision in
the idle current setting.

OTOH, I'm sure it was good enough for what they needed.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA