Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bobneworleans@gmail.com is offline

Default Washing Machine Pump Leaks

On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 9:38:29 AM UTC-5, wrote:
1996 Kenmore 90 series
Has anyone here repaired a leaking washing machine pump? What was the cause of the leak? Or is it not worth the effort and I should just replace it?

Thanks to all for your advice. eBay had the exact pump new for $9 with free shipping but I paid my local appliance parts store an extra $7 to have it today. Replacing the pump was almost trivial; it took longer to get the grease off my hands after lining up the motor shaft than it took to remove the two spring clips and the hoses. I ran two loads of wash today with the cabinet off and the lid switch shorted to verify that there are no more leaks. I've never done that before and found it interesting to observe the process. Wife is pleased, which is always a good thing, and I'm happy not to have to spend $500-$600 on a new washer. At least, not yet.