Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default 10/2 amp battery charger Battery monitors on cars

trader_4 posted for all of us...

BMW has a solution. Their new cars now have some sophisticated
charging/monitoring system that closely controls the battery. A
real nice feature of this for the consumer is that if you replace
the battery, you have to go to the dealer to have the new battery
registered into the car computer. I'm sure this is really about
making those batteries work better and not making money for the
stealerships, by leading you to them to buy their batteries, right?

Many car makers have this now. There is an article in "QST" magazine about
them and electrically installing ham radios properly. It's not just
connecting a wire to the positive... Both positive and negative sides must
be fused. I wonder how many alarm / radio shops know this?

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*