Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Home A/C blows warm air

philo wrote:
On 05/03/2015 05:07 PM, Ignoramus18130 wrote:
My home A/C was turned on yesterday, and we realized that it blows
warm air instead of cold. I did a little bit of investigation and also
changed the filter.

* The outside unit fan is running, but the compressor itself
seems to be not running. I measured amps going to it, it is about
1.4 amps 220v, consistent with only the fan running.

* The cold refrigerant line (with thermal insulation) is not actually
cold but warm.

* I just changed a filter. The evaporator coil was not easy to see so
I did not look at it.

Would you have any troubleshooting suggestions. The outside unit is
relatively new. Thanks

If it's fairly new , it may still be under warranty

Is the compressor going? If not starting cap good?
Contactor contacts in good shape? Or need more refrigerant
after checking leak.