Ryan

Default problem with ViewSonic P815-4 monitor

My expectations might have been higher with this monitor since
I spent so much on it. Also, I've never had a monitor go bad on
me before. But then, my employers probably never gave any
monitor enough time to go bad.

For ~$150, the KDS Visual Sensations VS-190IS (19'', 1600x1200, .25mm)
seems like another good candidate to look into.

Any other suggestions/comments out there?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:46:31 GMT, "Ryan" pixelated:

I guess I could try playing with the ViewMatch Color (or RBG) settings a bit before
shelling out the $$$ for a new monitor. Any suggestions of a quality monitor (either
CRT or flat panel) without spending a fortune these days? Or, isn't there such a thing?

Robert's right in that most monitors seem to last only
3-4 years. I just upgraded to a 19" KDS for $269, about
half the price I paid for the cheapo ADI 17" or the 17"
CTX, the old monitor of my fondest memory. Since I'm no
longer building my own, I had fallen out of touch with
the brands. The man who built my current system said that
the KDS had a good, solid chassis and fewer problems than
any other monitor he had sold in the previous several years.
Combined with a 3 year warranty, that was good enough for me.

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
http://www.diversify.com Refreshing Graphic Design