Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default anyone ever drill out a lock?

On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 7:29:44 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
I repair office machines and one of my customers has a rolling cart they lost the key for, and they now want use the stuff in that cabinet.....

I tried getting keys from the cabinet supplier but they didnt work...

has anyone ever drilled out a lock?

I would rather avoid damaging the cabinet much. and other than flip or flop have never seen anyone drill out a lock. on flip or flop they just start drilling, but never show what happens.

Those are easy to pick, usually disc tumblers...bend a paper clip to have a bump on the end of the wire Like a small V about 1/16" high...hold a turning pressure on the barrel (preferably in the direction it opens), go back and forth across the tumblers (rake). They will get hug-up one by one until it opens.