Ryan

Default problem with ViewSonic P815-4 monitor

I finally bought a new monitor cable and tried it. No luck!
I even tried the new cable with another system.
I think my "just over 3-year warranty" monitor may need servicing.
Are there any long lasting quality monitors out there?
I may need to shop for one if my current monitor is
not worth fixing.

"BruceR" wrote in message
.. .
Sometimes just unpluging and plugging the cable a few times will clear
things up.

Ryan wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I hope I'm going to
Circuit City for a cable only and not a monitor.

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message
Hmmm ... I checked the cable connection on both ends.
It seems very secure. I'll get a new cable and try that.

The amber coloring is very even across the entire screen.
And, it's giving me a headache.

That doesn't sound like degaussing will be of any use at all. If
you have a RatShak nearby, get a can ov volume control cleaner.
Squirt a little on / in the cable pins. Gently brush the pins with
a cotton swab. Try it again.

If this fails, it's probably failing internally. Go to Circuit
City. Do not pass GO. Do not stop at Best Buy (ever). Best of
luck.

BTW, I had to look up the meaning of the acronym.

I guessed based on the "language preferences" of the other poster.
:^)

Regards,
Robert

Bass Home Electronics, Inc