Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default roofing materiasl for house

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 4:20:44 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I am getting ready to reroof my house. This will be done by a contractor.

While getting estimates, what is beter not counting on how they look and
which cost more . The 3 tab or the architecutural type ?

What are some of the beter brand names of the shingles ?

Architectural is what is going on all the better homes today.
They have a 3D profile that looks much better than 3 tab, are
heavier, have a longer life and don't cost that much more.

I went with Owens Corning. GAF, CertainTeed are some other major brands.
And of course even more important is who does the work.
I would always do a tear off, and not put new over old.