Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default OT Property taxes

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 05:25:50 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/24/2015 04:09 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

snip

I don't think I've ever seen property taxes go down more then a very
tiny percent when some bond ended. Even when the bubble burst and
real values took a nosedive the taxes stay high because it takes
several years for the book value on the tax rolls to drop and in the
meantime they keep raising the rates to make up for it. Virtually
every year my taxes go up anywhere from 4 to 20% cuz these weasels in
gvt just never seem to have enough money to squander.

During the so called "housing bubble" the city started assessing the
value of houses /above/ actual market value making the assumption the
value was going to keep rising.

That's when my taxes got so high I considered moving.

The city informed us that even though our bills were higher, they had
actually lowered the tax rate. So I have...in a way...seen taxes go
down...even though they went up.

Great Orwellian double-speak.

Yes, the "rate" game. They do it here too. The only thing you can
trust a politician to do is lie.