Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default LED Bulbs 2 for $5 at Home Depot

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:23:07 -0400, Paul Marks wrote:

On 4/22/2015 4:18 PM, T wrote:

I know this sounds a little jaded, but I wonder what is wrong
with them? Sales are often used to clear out substandard
product.

From what I have read, these are not dimmable, color hue may not be
what you are used to, and have a slightly shorter life than the more
expensive LED bulbs.

The past few months I've been slowly converting to LED bulbs.

I just converted to CFL's

I can't keep converting.

I have a friend who converted to Bahai'ism. What is he supposed to do
now?

I started with the lighting that gets used the most and slowly fanning
out to less used fixtures.

Most of the ones I purchased are made by CREE.
They seem okay but their 100 watt bulbs are larger than traditional
bulbs and may not fit in some fixtures.

I did buy 3 clear style Philips bulbs for my kitchen ceiling fan.
My wife rejected them, claimed they were too bright and glared down on

Might be.

her, so they got moved to the main bathroom.