Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need DIY wall repair for puppy damaged wall.

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:26:29 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/22/2015 05:34 PM, wrote:
So my puppy decided she wanted to tear up our walls instead of her chew toys, we are going to be moving out in a month and I need to repair them. However, the walls are not the normal drywalls, it is instead a brickwall with the stucco/plaster/other put onto it. How would I make it look good enough to possibly get my deposit back? I am hoping for a DIY that will require little tool work and no drills since it is a brick wall and then plaster and paint. Any ideas would be great, thanks. A well as materials I would need.

If it's a small area you could Spackle it but you'd probably be better
off with plaster. Plaster will not shrink and crack the way Spackle will.

An almost perfect match for repairing horse-hair plaster is a 50-50
mix of poly-filla and plaster of paris. It sets up fast and hard, and
does not shrink. It is sandable, but feathers really well with the
drywall putty knife. Being a "setting" compound it dries water proof -
you can paint it with a water based paint without the patch softening,
blistering, or otherwise misbehaving.