Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default anyone here use... heating loops in concrete driveway/sidewalk?

if i don't have to get out for any reason i'll
leave the last few feet of the drive alone until
they finally plow the second or third time. this
way they won't push so much snow into the end of
the driveway. (i.e. remove the pressure and the
flow will come in, so leave some snow and more
stays out).

If we're both digging out to go get groceries or something, we have learned
to take a snow shovel with us. On more than one occasion we have dug our
way out only to have the plow come along and block our driveway again while
we're gone.

for breaking up the frozen piles i have a nice
straight shovel made for trenching that will make
it into chunks to move.

My snow blower seems to handle the berm OK. Sometimes it takes a few
passes, but eventually it cuts through it fine.

sometimes it seems like they wait until i have
the drive clear before they come along and fill it
back in again.

We live on a mountain road. When we get a snow event they have a fleet of
plows that take turns going up and down our road every hour or so. I find
it easier to clear the berm occasionally than wait till it's four feet deep
and frozen solid.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com